Saturday 30 January 2016

St Michael's Mount - Photography Week 48 (2015)

With a reasonable weather forecast for the day I headed out to Marazion and St Michael's Mount. My previous shots of the castle were taken broadly face-on from the beach using the causeway as a lead in. This time I wanted to alter the shooting angle to get more light on the castle and a particularly helpful local suggested that I move along the coast to Perranuthnoe.

Sure enough the advice was spot on and although I had to wait a hour or so for some light I managed these two shots:


 

These were some of the shots from earlier in the day at Marazion:





Towards the end of the day there was a bit of late light and colour - the compositions were a bit hampered by the high tide:




The next day, in less favourable photographic conditions, I moved a little further along the coast from Perranuthno to Prussia Cove and Cudden Point. These were the results with a mental note to revisit the location in better light:










No comments:

Post a Comment