Wednesday 17 February 2016

Holywell Bay - Photography Week 50 (2015)

I had not been to Holywell Bay in Cornwall for more years than I care to mention. I had certainly never been in December. The wind was howling, the sea was rough, it was bitterly cold and many of my photographs were written off by sea-spray and wind blown rain drops.

Despite the conditions I really enjoyed a couple of hours of photography. The best light came towards the end of the afternoon and there was a brief period of intense orangey sunlight:

 
 



Intermittently there were other patches of brightness but I was really fighting the elements to get a clean shot. These images were probably the cleanest with the spray damage restricted to the less important areas and I was happy to compromise a bit on quality due to the drama of the light and sea movement:






No comments:

Post a Comment