Tuesday 22 March 2016

Best of the Rest - Photography Week 1 (2016)

These are a selection of other images taken during Photography Week 1 (2016) which were not included in previous posts:

Godrevy

The Towans and Godrevy is becoming one of my regular photography venues in Cornwall. Whilst the scenery is spectacular and I enjoy each visit, I am still not convinced I have my best shot from this location. This visit was made to coincide with sunset and a retreating tide but it was so blustery I couldn't keep sea spray away from the filters and didn't get the shots I wanted. The better results where taken from the dunes and cliff top:




 


Pink Bottles

Whilst at Gunwalloe during the week I was mistaken for a press photographer. Unbeknown to me there was a lot of press interest in pink bottles being washed up on beaches in the area. These bottles had apparently come from a ship's container that went overboard in a storm the previous May (this is the BBC's online report):



Slate at Gunwalloe

Continuing my photographic interest in Cornwall geology I was struck by the colours in the slate formations at Jangye-ryn near Gunwalloe:








Porthleven

After an excellent Sunday lunch, we took a walk around the harbour in Porthleven. Armed with a compact camera I documented the contrast between the calm inner harbour and rough seas along the seafront and outer harbour:











Swanpool

Swanpool in Falmouth is a beach and nature reserve with a lake. I spotted these reed reflections in the lake which make interesting abstract images. Also, along the beach is a wall of sedimentary rock with some subtle pastel tones:










Rounding the week off, I captured some heavy rain showers on the horizon from Swanpool beach:
















No comments:

Post a Comment