Wednesday 8 June 2016

Porthtowan: Right Place, Right Time - Photography Week 6 (2016)

Sometimes I happen to end up in the right place at the right time. There is definitely an element of luck in landscape photography.

This was definitely the case at Porthtowan back in February as I watched a rich blue sky replaced by rain clouds and a glorious rainbow. The luck didn't last though, as the timeline explains:

13:57 - clouds are coming over the cliffs:



14:09 - a faint rainbow in the distance:



14:33 - rain showers start and the rainbow colour builds:



14:34 -  peak rainbow colour and the shot of the afternoon - or perhaps a bit more than shot of the afternoon. This one is in the running for a slot on my website: 


14:52 - Showers have almost passed over:



15:38 - the tide is coming in fast and the clouds have turned messy:




15:43 - Pushing my luck -  the light has gone, my feet get wet and it is time to go!





No comments:

Post a Comment