Monday 16 January 2017

Padley Gorge - Photography Week 43 (2016)

Inspired by the autumnal start to the day in Derby (see previous post), I headed for Padley Gorge in the Peak District despite thinking it might be a couple weeks early for maximum colour. Sure enough there was still plenty of green but some beech tree leaves had started to turn:



Across the gorge I could see more pockets of colour and so I set the exposure to make the most of this:







Autumn leaves on the rocks in Burbage Brook are a bit of staple shot in Padley Gorge at this time of year. Unfortunately, they looked a bit tatty on this occasion - another indication that I was a bit too early for peak autumn colour:





On the way back to the car I passed an acer tree in a garden with a wonderful display of red leaves. My record shot is not critically sharp (it was getting dark at this point) but it gave me an idea for later in the week - a visit to the acer glade at Westonbirt arboretum:


No comments:

Post a Comment