Wednesday 6 December 2017

Autumn on the Southwell Trail - Part 1

This year I wanted to try something different for my autumn photography and document the transition of the season in one location. As it is close to home, I chose a two mile stretch of the Southwell Trail.

The Southwell Trail has featured in many of my posts over the last year or so. It is a former railway line that served the Nottinghamshire mining industry until its closure in the 1960's and it is now a nature reserve popular with walkers and cyclists.

All the photographs were taken between late September and early December and my intention is to load them in a series of posts over the next couple of weeks. This first selection provides some context for the trail. Being a former railway line it is straight and quite tunnel-like particularly in summer with the thick canopy overhead. This is still evident as the first signs of autumn colour begin to show:










No comments:

Post a Comment